Thick, creamy and full of flavor. Try a quick and simple 30-minute savory Pumpkin Soup, it’s the perfect way to cozy up this Fall.
During the Fall, pumpkin or at least some sort of squash soup is a staple. So now that soup season is in full swing, it’s time to grab your spoon and dive into a savory bowl of Pumpkin Soup.
This 30 minute Pumpkin Soup is probably one of the easiest soup recipes you’ll ever make because everything is thrown into a pot, boiled and served. I used canned pumpkin for this soup because I love simple recipes! Besides, no way do I have an hour plus to waste roasting, peeling and pureeing pumpkin before actually getting to the soup making portion.
The best part is it only calls for less than 10 ingredients and takes just 30 minutes, if you use canned pumpkin like I did. But by all means, if you decide you want fresh pumpkin, go right ahead.
The soup pairs perfect served with a warm grilled cheese sandwich. I like to make grilled cheese "croutons" by cutting the sandwich into 1-inch square pieces, then dropping them into the creamy and savory soup for a complete bite.
More Recipes You May Like:
30-Minute Pumpkin Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 1 cups heavy cream
- In a large pot whisk together broth, pumpkin, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, sugar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, stir in heavy cream. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5-10 minutes longer.
- Serve soup hot, topped with fresh basil and pepitas.
- The soup pairs perfect served with a grilled cheese. I like to make grilled cheese croutons by cutting the sandwich into 1-inch square pieces.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to receive 6 Free exclusive homemade healthy smoothie recipes. You'll also get a sneak peak at upcoming recipes and nutrition and wellness tips.