A Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola recipe that’s perfect for anytime you have a craving for pumpkin pie. It’s sweet, crunchy and will be your favorite fall breakfast or snack.
This Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola is going to become your favorite easy fall snack! It’s made with all of the delicious fall spices, as well as nuts, coconut flakes, maple syrup, and even a little almond butter. Fall granola is the perfect treat for autumn and one that everyone’s guaranteed to love.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Once you make this Pumpkin Pie Granola at home you’ll never buy store bought granola again. You’ll love making homemade granola because:
- It couldn’t be easier to make
- It's gluten free
- It’s budget friendly
- It has no refined sugars.
- It’s healthy and made with real pumpkin and all the delicious fall spices.
Making pumpkin granola at home only takes about 30 minutes to make. It’s perfect for breakfast or great for snacking on the go. The best part is when making this granola, your home will smell just like fall!
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make this homemade pumpkin granola recipe, you will need:
- Nuts - I used pecans and almonds but feel free to replace them with your favorite nuts or seeds
- Coconut flakes - or you can use shredded coconut, or omit the coconut altogether.
- Ground flaxseed - for extra omega-3s, but feel free to omit them if you prefer.
- Pumpkin puree- for pumpkin flavoring
- Almond butter - you can also substitute any other nut butter
- Maple syrup - or honey
- Coconut oil - or any kind of oil you prefer
- Fall Spices - vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and sea salt to flavor the granola.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Chop the nuts in a food processor
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl including the nuts, coconut flakes, flaxseed, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl including the pumpkin puree, nut butter, coconut oil, honey or maple, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, stir together
- Spread the mixture evenly on the parchment paper on the baking sheet
- Bake in the oven and then let cool. Serve right away or store in an airtight container
How to serve the Pumpkin Granola
The vegan pumpkin granola can be used in various ways. You can:
- Serve it as a topping on yogurt
- Enjoy it as a cereal with milk
- Sprinkle it on top of a dessert or ice cream
- Use it as an on the go snack
- Meal prep it in a ziploc bag
This granola is best when freshly made. But if you want to store it, it keeps well in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
It can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
Be sure to let the granola cool completely before crumbling it into pieces to ensure as much crunch as possible.
More Recipes You May Like:
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed optional
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse several times to “chop” them into a crumbly texture - a few larger pieces are a good thing - don’t overmix!
- Transfer the nuts to a large mixing bowl and stir in coconut flakes, flaxseed, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, nut butter, coconut oil, honey or maple, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and stir util fully moistened.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the parchment lined baking sheet, in a single layer. Also, clumps are your friend.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins, the remove to stir gently and turn over. Return to the oven for another 15 mins and let brown. It won’t be crisp yet until you let it cool down.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool to room temp.
- Serve right away or store in a tight lid container for up to two weeks at room temperature.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to receive 6 Free exclusive homemade healthy smoothie recipes. You'll also get a sneak peak at upcoming recipes and nutrition and wellness tips.