The easiest Pumpkin Spice Butter you’ll ever find. It’s thick, flavorful, and sweetened to perfection! A recipe for fall and only takes 20 minutes to make right at home.
I’ve been wanting to make a spiced pumpkin butter for the blog for a while now. Have you ever tried it? If not, add this to the list of pumpkin recipes to make. It’s like having pumpkin pie in a jar. The easiest homemade pumpkin spread you’ll make this fall season.
If you’re a fan of pumpkin spice, you’re going to love this easy recipe! It's similar to an apple butter or honey butter recipe except it's pumpkin flavored. It’s thick, flavorful, and naturally sweetened! It’s perfect for using as a spread or to just enjoy by itself as a delicious fall treat. Enjoy some straight from the fridge or warm it up before using it.
What is the Homemade Pumpkin Butter Made of?
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Apple juice
- Lemon juice
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Butter Spread
- Combine all ingredients to a large saucepan
- Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened.
- Eat it or store in an airtight mason jar.
Ways to Enjoy Pumpkin Butter
There’s many ways that pumpkin butter can be used. Here is a small list of how to use it, but honestly the list is endless!
- Spread on waffles or pancakes
- Mixed in oatmeal
- Topping for toast or muffins
- In a yogurt bowl
- Eat it with a spoon
Make sure to use pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling.
To make the pumpkin butter recipe, you only need about 20 minutes, however if you have more time, leave it on the stove for another 5-10 minutes. This will deepen the flavors and thicken the texture.
Pumpkin butter should be stored in a tightly sealed glass jar in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
More Recipes You May Like
Easy Pumpkin Spice Butter
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat and stir to combine.
- Once it begins bubbling, reduce heat to low and simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you have more time, leave it on the stove for an additional 5-10 minutes. This will deepen the flavors and thicken the texture. However, if you only have 20 minutes, it’s still perfect!
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Once cooled completely, transfer to air tight glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 - 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to receive 6 Free exclusive homemade healthy smoothie recipes. You'll also get a sneak peak at upcoming recipes and nutrition and wellness tips.