Pumpkin Cornbread - sweet, savory and a delicious twist to regular cornbread. No matter how you slice it, it’s always devoured within minutes!
If you couldn’t tell, I love pumpkin! This year especially, I challenged myself to try to squeeze in as many pumpkin recipes as I could think of, one of them being this sweet, savory and delicious Pumpkin Cornbread.
For this recipe I included seasonal ingredients like pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. I used a cornbread box mix for the base of this cornbread. And by no means am I stating that cornbread recipes are better made from a box mix. Homemade all the way! However, around the holidays most people are rushing, stressed and wanting to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with family. This Pumpkin Cornbread recipe is the ultimate side dish that will be on the table in minutes, and they’ll never know it’s not exactly all homemade.
The cornbread itself isn’t overly sweet, so it pairs well with fall soups, chili and would also be a lovely addition to your Thanksgiving dinner along with Baked Mac and Cheese as side dishes. But of course you know I’m extra and I love sweets, so I topped it off with a drizzle of honey butter and, well, you can thank me later.
More Comfort Food Recipes:
- 8.5 ounce cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
Honey Butter (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan.
- Whisk together cornbread mix, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add pumpkin, buttermilk, and egg to bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake for 20 minutes or until center is done and top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with honey butter drizzle on top if desired.
- Combine honey and butter in a small sauce pan and warm on low, stirring frequently until well combined.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to receive 6 Free exclusive recipes of my favorite homemade healthy smoothies and all of the latest recipes and updates from HalfPastHungry. I’d love to know if you try this recipe! Post it on Instagram and tag me @halfpasthungry.